HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
$110 per person (includes CPR & Basic Life Support HLTAID002)
Qualification current for 3 years (CPR for 1 year)
Payment may be made on the day by cash, cheque, credit card or paypal
- Legal issues in the workplace and community
- Basic Life Support (ANZCOR Guidelines – DRSABCD)
- Recognising and management of unconscious breathing/non breathing casualties
- CPR techniques for adult, child & infant
- Use of an AED for adults and children
- Chain of survival
- Choking Management
- Trauma Emergencies
- Medical Emergencies
- Bites & Stings Management
- Perform CPR on adult, junior and infant manikins
- Use of an AED
- Choking management (practice on manikins)
- Bandaging techniques, including the pressure immobilisation technique
- Use of an adrenaline auto-injector (training device)
- Use of a placebo bronchodilator and spacer device (asthma management)
- 40 multiple choice questions
- Injury form
- Other written activities
We have two options to complete first aid training:
1 day course – allow 6 hours for training including CPR and breaks for smoko and lunch
All assessments are completed on the day:
Fast track course – designed for the experienced first aider only. Anyone who has not completed first aid training before or for a long time, are encouraged to complete the 1 day course.
Allow up to 2 ½ hours for training completing CPR and practical assessments only (as above).
Theory assessment is given to be completed in own time. This is an open book/on-line assessment that is required to be handed back in to First Aid Response for correction and feed-back.
This theory assessment may be emailed prior to the course, or collected on the day.